You know how important it is to make the best choices when you select services for your business. For every item, there are so many options to sift through as you try to find the best buy for your hard-earned money. On the bright side, there’s a great solution for one of your most important budget items, your company’s phone service. Softphone technology is the perfect option for a business owner who wants cutting edge service without high costs and binding contracts.
In addition to its cost-effectiveness, softphone technology is superior to traditional telephone service in other ways. Consider these five benefits of softphone service:
- No need for special equipment. The main feature of softphone technology is that it works through your internet connection. This means that you won’t need expensive installation of cables and high-priced special equipment. In fact, you won’t even need phones. Since your employees will make and receive calls over the web, they can use their computers as phones. Just think of the money you’ll save when you let the computers you’ve already purchased work double time as telephones too.
- Stay connected during power outages. If you’ve experience the frustration of losing your phone service when there’s a power failure, softphone technology is the perfect choice for your business. The last thing you need is customers unable to get through to your company, or even leave a message. Softphone technology takes this worry off the table. Since your phone works through the internet, it will continue to function as long as your web connection is up and running. Even if there is an outage, your callers will still reach your company’s voicemail, so you’ll be able to retrieve messages when the power is restored.
3. Secure message storage. Softphone technology gives you the confidence of secure cloud storage of your messages. You won’t need separate answering devices or have to be concerned about missed calls or messages taken incorrectly. Your employees can access their messages at any time, from any location, making it that much easier for them to promptly and efficiently respond to callers.
4. It’s portable. Computers aren’t the only way your staff will be able to make phone calls. Softphone calls can be made from any mobile devices such as laptops, tablets and cell phones. When you or your employees are away from the office, it will be easy to stay in touch with one another and customers.
5. Make it visual. Softphone technology lets you use video calling in addition to regular audio calls. This is a great advantage if you want to keep in close contact with the office while you’re away, or hold meetings with customers and clients in remote locations.
As you can see, softphone technology offers some solid advantages for your business. It will help you to save money, improve efficiency, and streamline your overall phone system. Isn’t it time to stop paying high prices and being bound by expensive contracts for your telephone service? Make the switch to softphone technology today and enjoy the benefits that it is sure to provide.